Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Too Many Ideas, Too Little Time

Have you ever being frustrated by this too? I read lots of blogs, mostly crafting and sewing related, and mostly about kids. Well, I love crafting and sewing, and I have a baby girl. So, whenever I ran into a great idea, or wonderful tutorial that makes everything looks so simple, I always think "if they can make it, so can I", "Oh, I got to make that cute dress for my girl", "what a wonderful party idea, I should do that for next holiday or birthday", etc. After my to-do and wish lists get longer and longer, and materials piled up all around the house, they just simply became clutters, both physically and mentally. Ok, why suddenly thinking about this? I was reading one of my favorite blog, Small Notebook, and saw this old post, How to protect your time from too many good ideas. It's like Rachel is talking about me too. Let's face the facts, how many hours do I have every day for crafting or sewing, or anything creative. Well, I do have a full-time job, more than two hours commute daily, all the cleaning and cooking (I got used to cook a lot for dinner, because we both bring lunch to work. so dinner normally takes about an hour to cook, rice, four dishes and a soup), getting a two year old ready for daycare in the morning, make sure she eats her dinner (takes forever), give her a bath at night, play time with her before bed, then doing all the laundry, after all these, I probably have about one hour free time. But by then, I am normally very tired, and rather climb up into the sofa and watch some TV. So, when will I ever have time for some serious sewing? Besides, little caterpillar already has a full closet of clothes, enough for twin girls I think.

From now on, I should carefully evaluate each idea before I add it to my to-do list, and really organize my time better. Just because I know how to do it, doesn't mean I have to do it. If I can buy something really cheap, cheaper than the labor and materials I will have to put into it, I should definitely support the economy. And I need to treat myself to some quality me-time, and more sleep. I am so tired and sleepy all the time!

How about you? Are you ambitious when it comes crafting and sewing?

No comments: