Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Practice, Practice!

(Image Source, Purl Bee)
with my new favorite toys! I am so excited. Finally got my dream tools, a rotary cutter, self-healing cutting mat, and a non-skip ruler. Oh, I have been dreaming about this day for a long time, and this long wait definitely made this moment more sweet. They are kind of expensive, so I have been waiting for a big sale at Joann. And I got it! 40% off, then 10% off. So, total about $75 purchase, costed me only about $45! I need to clean up my sewing area in the basement, so I can give this baby a permanent home. For now, if I need to cut something, I have to bring all of them to the living room and do it on the floor. Anyway, I am still excited. I never used a rotary cutter before, so it's taking me a while to get used to it, and figure out how much pressure need to be applied. And I was worrying about damaging the ruler, so didn't put my cutter against the ruler, then I got all these wobbly cuts. Then I remembered a great tutorial I found a while ago, on Purl Bee. Oh, you will see more of my cutting tools in my future project shots, I promise. Hmm, what to cut next? Oh yeah, I promised someone a tutorial on how to make my reversable bath tissue holder. Some small pieces, different size and texture, great practice oppotunity. Oh, I am so excited.

No comments: