Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Winter Toddler Hat Inspirations

The leaves are changing colors now, but you can feel that the winter is just around the corner. Well, in New England area, we only have about 2 weeks of real Fall season, then everything starts freezing. Even little caterpillar has several hats already, I still want to make her some fun ones. No wonder her closet is always full, and her closet is twice the size of mine! Well, I don't knit, so have to find some that only reqires sewing. Here are some inspiration pictures I found online. Hope I have time to design and make at least one, before it's too cold. And if I accomplished that, I will share it with you guys here.

How cute is this little monster hat? Maybe I can change the design a little bit to make it more girly for little caterpillar. She is a diva sometimes, but only sometimes, most of the time she is so very sweet. Absolutely not a monster!

And how about this little panda hat? She has lots of stuffed animals and books about them, but she has never seen a panda before. Well, for a Chinese girl, not knowing a panda is simply unacceptable. So, this one is definitely on the list.

Even though I don't knit, I do have some old sweaters that I can simply cut up and sew them into this adorable hat. Little caterpillar will look so stylish in it. Well, I might have to find a matching coat or sweater dress to go with it. Yeah, more shopping for her! For some reason, I tried several times, just couldn't upload this one. I will try it again later. Now it's working.

OK, Stubborn hates animal prints. But I do love this one. So, well, diva like.

And this one is soooo girly, but maybe too much. If I decide to make it, I will have to simplify it a little bit.

OK. Obviously something is wrong with image upload here. I cannot upload any of them. And I see a message on the top of this page, saying "Image uploads will be disabled for two hours due to maintenance at 5PM" today. Well, maybe something is terribly wrong with that, or they started working on it earlier. Either way, I cannot get it to work. I will just to wait till later tonight, or tomorrow.

OH, I also found several great tutorials about how to turn an old sweater into cute hat, scarf, even mittens and arm warms. Here are the links.
- Hat and wrist/arm warmers
- Hat and Mittens
- Hat and Scarf, and Fingerless gloves.

No comments: