Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Garden Updates

Remember how surprised when I saw the flower spike on my snake plant (a.k.a. mother-in-law's tongue)? Well, that spike faded a while ago, then I just forgot about it. Yeah, I have way too much going on in my garden, cannot pay attention to the ones that passed their peak already. So, you can understand how shocking it was to find 3 more spikes blooming again! This plant must be really really happy. Look closely, you can even see all the ants the flowers attracted. How am I suppose to bring it back inside for winter with all these ants? Cannot worry about it now. I will deal with it later.

Nowadays, my garden smells wonderfully sweet. A couple of month ago, it was this baby, then a couple of weeks ago, it was because of these oriental lilies, and now it is all of these.
Nicotiana

My pink jasmine AK gave me last year

My biggest jasmine, Belle of India

And of course my Encyclia radiata.

Entire backyard is so alive, with all sorts of plants blooming, so many colors surrounding you. It's so relaxing. Well, as long as I am not looking at those ugly crabgrass in my lawn. I am mentally blocking them out.

No comments: