Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hmm... Jasmine

(Sorry about the quality of these pictures. I was running out of the house to catch my train.)

These are what I saw and smelled this morning when I came downstairs. My "Belle of India" and "Maid of Orleans" both opened. There were 8 flowers in total. The smell was so very nice and strong. What a wonderful way to start a day! They were not so happy after I took them back in before winter, but com'on, it's New England, they won't survive even one day outside. They lost lots of leaves and branches, due to the low humidity and less sunshine indoor, and I kept forgetting to water them. I felt sorry for ignoring them, but I have to take care of the new baby and myself first. I thought they were going to die. So, I gave them a BIG haircut. They didn't do anything for a while, and then all of a sudden, they are happy again, sent out lots of new growth, and many flower buds as well. I am glad I don't have to throw them away. They remind me of my childhood all the time.

No comments: