Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Nursery Update

Finally installed all the floating shelves for the nursery. The room is so small, there is basically no space for any bookshelf or dresser. Plus I have always loved floating shelves, I decided to make some myself, so they will be the perfect size for the room. Mom helped me painting them white, since I should not touch any chemical now. I think they look great! What do you think?

And what do you think about the comforters my mom and I made for my baby girl? I made the blue and green one, and my mom made the pink one. Check out the fabric, very special. The dragon, phoenix, butterfly, and peony are all very meaningful Chinese symbols. Dragon and phoenix are traditional animals symbolic of auspiciousness, and along with the lin and the tortoise, they were known as the "Four Supernatural Spirits." The butterfly represents love and longevity, and peonies embody romance and prosperity and are regarded as an omen of good fortune and a happy marriage. See why I chose this fabric for my baby? All these will protect and bless my baby girl, and she will grow up happy and healthy.

No comments: