Monday, August 17, 2009

Nursery, Finally Done!

What do you think? Sorry about the light quality, the window was too bright.

This is the left corner, where I put the glider, under the floating shelves and right in front of the closet. Well, this is the only spot I can fit it in. The room is just too small. This glider was picked up on the side of the road years ago. The chair itself is in perfect condition, just the cushions were in a horrible shape. Guess the old owner had some naughty cats. So, bought some nice fabric, and recovered both cushions, and added two small pillows for neck and back support. It looks brand new! And the best part is, it only cost me about $10!

The crib is in the right corner of the room, and a twin size bed next to it. So I can sleep next to my baby during the first several months, it will be great for night feeding.

The closet is good size, but only have one builder standard shelf, not really functioning for me. And since I am the handy one in the house, and I am really pregnant, cannot do any heavy work, I decided to use what I have. Half of my metal shelf, some of the canvas bins bought months ago, and some homemade tags. Tadaaa! Customized closet, just for my girl!

And here is the baby bouncer for my little 'monkey'. Inherited it from a friend years ago, and made this fun monkey cover right after I got pregnant. Now it's ready for action.

2 comments:

Kunklebaby said...

Cute! Your closet is SO organized! That's awesome. Congrats on the upcoming addition. :D

TranquilityKnots said...

Thanks. We will see how long I can keep it organized. =)