Friday, August 21, 2009

Birthday Gift

DH's birthday was a couple of weeks ago, I surprised him with a unique gift. Sorry about the picture quality. I will try to take a better one later.
We were at my father-in-law's house two years ago. We helped decluttering the house, and threw away 3 generations worth of stuffs. Some of the really old trunks were from DH's grandmother's wedding, they were made of leather, very old (about 90 years old, assuming they were new for the wedding) and deteriorated. Before we threw them out, I saw those gorgeous, rusty hardware. They all have wonderful old fashion design. The trash guy was waiting outside, so I didn't have time to get all of them off. They were really hard to take off, so I only got two pieces off, and they were not from the same trunk. =( I took them back to the states, and thought I would do something with them. While DH was in China a couple of months ago, I thought these will be wonderful art for his home office. I know he misses his family a lot, this will be that something special, from his family, and from the bottom of my heart, just for him. And no surprise there, he absolutely loved it!

No comments: