Friday, May 22, 2009

Ready For The Long Weekend

I am so tired these days! My legs and feet have been swollen for a couple days, and couldn't get some decent sleep during the night. Getting up every 2 or 3 hours is just exhausting. But at least I don't have any big plan for this long weekend, maybe I can get more rest. The raised bed is fixed, cucumber seedlings has been transplanted and survived, Beans are germinated, The Chinese eggplant seedlings are still too small for transplanting, and I am going to pick up some nice tomato plants from a coworker next week. No more asparagus to harvest, and the strawberries are still blooming, no fruit to collect yet. So, not much yard work to do. Guess I will just relax on the deck, put my feet up, and nap. Wonderful plan.

Oh, We trimmed our two big oak tree several weeks ago, and I planned to clean some of the long branches and use them as tomato supports later. But yesterday, our landscaper came to mow the lawn, and thought they will do me a favor, so they took all the branches I have been saving on the driveway, along with all the rotted wood board from the old raised bed! I was totally surprised when I got home at the end of the day. Guess they are going to make them into mulch or compost or something. Well, at least they are not going to the landfill somewhere. Just need to figure out what I can use for the tomato plants.

No comments: