Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's a GIRL!

Just had my BIG ultrasound, and it's pretty clear now that we are having a girl! We are SOOOOO happy. Now we can go shopping. I have been controlling myself so hard lately, especially when my girlfriends are buying all those cute cute baby stuffs. Their babies will be several months older than mine. But now I will be the happiest one, since they all having boys. It's not I don't like boys, but girls are much prettier and cuter, and I can play dress up with her. Now I can take out all my beautiful fabric and cute patterns, and start making something unique for my baby girl! And I can also make some mommy-baby matching set. How fun that will be!

Researching for the best car seat and stroller and those kind of stuffs is DH's job. He loves Consumer Report, and this is the perfect job for him. I already made plans for the nursery, just need to kick my plants out and put the baby furniture in. I already gave some plants away, and put the rest out on the deck. Just crossing my fingers now that night temperature won't drop below 40F. Originally I wanted to painted every pieces white for that room, but since I should not touch paint now and DH is not good at it, I decided we will just have to go with the mismatching wood color. =( Well, I can always paint them after I stop breastfeeding. The room is so small, we can only squeeze in the crib, a twin size bed, a glider, and a small dresser double as changing table. I don't like the real changing table, they are so obvious, and the shelves are not sturdy enough for using as bookshelf later, plus they are normally very expensive. So, I googled, as usual, and found some really cool ideas.
Love what they did to this old dresser on Apartment Therapy. Never thought green and orange can go so well with each other.

Love the simple lines in this one, but don't really want to permanently change the top like that.

I love this Ikea dresser, but prefer its original white color. My nursery is already painted sky blue, white ones will stand out more.

I think this one is perfect for my small space, but don't know about the slightly bigger top they made for the changing mat. I really want the finished product to look like a real piece of furniture.

And since DH and I, even my mom are tall, so for the sake of our backs, I better find a dresser that's the perfect height. Now the weather is so warm, we can go on yard sales to find that perfect piece. Who knows, maybe we will be lucky enough to find THE ONE soon.