Monday, April 6, 2009

How Do I Know Spring Is Here?

First of all, I got some of my energy back, maybe it's spring fever. Even though I can only do a little at a time, I am trying my best to clean up the yard, and the house.

But the more conveniencing evidences are from my yard and house plants. Take a look yourself.

These little babies always come out first! And I have them on both sides of the entrance of the driveway, so they are the first thing we see before we go to work in the morning and when we come back later.
My daffodils, tulips, and daylilies are coming up too. And it looks like I will have my first daffodil in a couple of days.
Here is one of my columbine. I cleaned up last year's debris just a week ago, right on time. Cannot wait to see its delicate flowers again.
These forsythia was just foot-long cuttings from my neighbor 2 years ago. They bloomed last year, very short, but very cute, covered with bright yellow flowers. I couldn't believe how much they grew last summer. Now they are more than 4 feet tall, and looks like we are going to have a big show pretty soon.
And this is my Jasminum nudiflorum. AK gave me a very small cutting about 2 years ago, and told me it's very hardy, can survive the half year New England winter. So, I planted it outside the kitchen door. For the past two season, it grew bigger, but only give me those cute leaves. But look at what I found on Sat. AK said it naturally flowers before the leaves appear. Amazing color. The buds are actually deep orange, and the flowers are bright yellow. No smell though. And looks like there are 2 or 3 buds at where each leaf used to be, all along the branches. AK also said it grows very quickly, and can overtake its neighbors. I don't care, I want it to cover that entire area!
Oh, here are some of my orchids and jasmines. They are blooming so nicely in the house too. Although I love them in my dining room, I really cannot wait to put them out on the deck. I want my dining room back!

No comments: