Friday, January 16, 2009

Safe Landing

Oh, did you watch it on the news about the plane crashed into Hudson River? I watched it on TV last night and this morning. Amazingly nobody died. The pilot did a great job landing that plane on water, without flipping it, and the flight crew members got everybody out of the plane very quickly, and all those rescue people got there really fast as well. I never really read those instructions when I board a plane. I didn't know that in a water landing situation, the back doors are not supposed to be opened, because it will let the water in and sink the plane too fast. Some people I talked to this morning said they are afraid of flying now. But I actually feel safer knowing that the flight crew know what they supposed to do and can handle situation like this. This is truely an amazing survival story.

No comments: